3. Discuss the development of MTV into a full-fledged network in the 1980s.
A. How did musicians such as Michael Jackson, Prince, and Madonna use videos to tie visual imagery and personae into their music?
- MTV allowed new ways of projecting their music and the images that went with it.
- Jackson's videos showcased his enormous dancing skill, which made his videos a cut above the rest
- Madonna used videos to bring up imp. social issues. She cast herself as a sex object in order to call it into question.
- Prince developed his image as a sexually charged and somewhat androgynous figure