The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Working together to acheive a goal
Death of a Salesman and The Crucible
A raisin in the sun
- Family owned "Hellman's Mayonaise"
- Plays exposed capitolism
- The Secret Garden
- Wrote happy stuff as well as psycho stuff
Hired by Seattle Repatory Theatre as "Playwright in Residence". she was payed a salary
- Formed "Black Horizon's Theatre"
- Was Poet Lauret for the State of New Jersey
- Plays explained black experience in America in each decade of the 20th Century
- Most Successful playwright of the 20th century
- Everything he wrote was a comedy
Could be 1 or many people. money behind shows
- "Death of Language"
- Mikes Favorite
First musical where songs became part of plot
- Best "success rate" producer
- developed the publicity stunt
Wrote the word to "West Side Story"
Rodgers and Hammerstein
"the king and I" "The sound of music" all were very successful
Andrew Loyd Webber
- "Jesus Christ Superstar"
- Best known international playwright
- Helped develop "Black Comedy"
- Doesn't believe in editting
Most of his plays were based on actual events in history or literature
Developed "post-modernism". assault on the senses. blue man group. music video. autistic people reacted to multiple stimulous
3 Basic Tenets of the Existential movement
- 1) Denied existence of God
- 2) Questioned validity of fixed standards of conduct
- 3) Rejected the possibility of veriviable moral code
3 main beliefs of George Bernard Shaw
- 1) a Lifeforce
- 2) Creative Evolution
- 3) a superman
4 types of stage configurations
- 1) Proscenium
- 2) Thrust
- 3) Arena
- 4) Multi-Form
2 Types of musical Theatre
- 1) Integrated Musical - where the music is integrated into the story line
- 2) Concept Musical - where the music is based on some overriding theme