Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
PROSTAGLANDIN ANALOGUES (PGA)
- Latanoprost (XALATAN)
- Travoprost (TRAVATAN)
- Bimatoprost (LUMIGAN)
- Lowers intraocular pressure by facilitating aqueous outflow through
- the accessory uveoscleral outflow pathway by a pathway involving
- the prostanoid FP receptor. The IOP-lowering effects of PG
- analogues including latanoprost, travoprost, bimatoprost, and
- unoprostone were completely eliminated in FP receptor knockout
- Few safety concerns, mainly cosmetics such as conjunctival
- hyperemia, darkening of the iris by increasing the number of
- melanosomes in melanocytes (7% of patients). Lengthening and
- darkening of eyelashes,reactivation of herpetic keratitis and
- anterior uveitis, and cystoid macular edema following cataract
- surgery have been reported with their use.
- Mechanism of action of mitotic agents and prostaglandin analogues
- are antagonistic
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview