Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
functions of the urinay system
- 1. filters the blood to remove waste
- 2. homeostasis
- 3.transports and eliminates urine
- 4. influence blood pressue
- location: retroperitoneal
- renal vein and artery are attached at the hillum
- function: filters the blood being sent back to the heart
- connects the kidneys to the urinary bladder
- pushes urine down using peristalic movements
holds and stores urine until appropriate time for mactrition
carries the urine from the urinary bladder to the outside enviorment.
blood supply from kidney - renal artery- Not taken into loops
segmental arteries- interlobar arteries- arcuate arteries- interlobular arteries- afferent arteriolies- glomerulus- bowmans capsule- effernt arteriolies- peritubular capillary bed- interlobular veins- acurate veins- interlobar veins- renal veins-(drain- into the IVC)
afferent arteriolies- glomerulus- bowmans capsule- PCT- Loop of Henle- DCT- collecting duct- papillary duct- minor calyces- major calyces- renal pelvis- ureter
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview