Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj.) neat and in good order; comfortable or large amount
- v.) to put things in neat or proper order
- I wish my daughter kept her room tidy.
- v.) to be afraid; to fear or feel deep worry
- n.) deep fear or uneasiness over what may happen
- I dread getting up early in the morning on snowy days to drive to work.
- adj.) of high birth or rank, outstanding, of good moral character
- n.) someone of high rank or birth
- The children of the Queen of England are considered noble.
- n.) a plain set of rules or ways to act, a written insurance contract
- We have an insurance policy for our home and car.
- n.) a long time without rain, a prolonged shortage
- The dry land in Arizona can experience drought for weeks.
- v.) to draw attention to something else, cause to turn aside, to disturb
- I distracted Chip so that our visitor could leave the house.
- v.) to strike against each other with force, to clash
- The football was fumbled because the 2 players collided.
- adj.) pleased with or accepting of; wanting anything else
- n.) an amount that is held or contained, the meaning of subject of
- Mom was content to just relax on the couch and read her book.
- n.) a flower or group of flowers; the state or time of flowering
- v.) to have or produce flowers; to develop, open up, or appear
- In the Spring, I love to see the flowers blossom.
- adj.) never stopping; recurring; staying the same, loyal, steady
- n.) something that does not change or vary
- One thing that is always constant is time.
- adj.) small in size or degree; not much; not important
- v.) to treat as unimportant; to make light
- n.) an act of neglect or discourtesy
- He only put a slight amount of syrup in my chocolate milk.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview