Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Likely causes for fatigue observved individuals with cancer include:
- biochemical changes because of treatment
- muscle loss
- psychologic factors
The pain experienced with cancer:
- occurs in bone metastasis
- results in tissue necrosis
Te anorexia or loss of appetite seen in the syndrome fo cancer cachexia may occur because of :
altered blood serum levels of glucose and amino acids
The anemia associated with malignancy can be :
- the result of depletion of hemoglobin building blocks
- caused by destruction of bone marrow
Chemotherapy for cancer:
- prevents transcription
- damages cells undergoing mitosis
Immunotherapy for cancer:
is a nonspecific treatment
Biologic response modifiers (BRM):
- directly kill cancer cells
- augment the tumor immune rejection response
- modify the cancer cell's susceptibility to lysis
What are the clinical manifestations of Cancer?
What are the significant genetic mutations that have been altered by enviromental facotrs?
- few oncogenic virsues
- H. Pylori
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview