The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are organs of transductions?
- Convert energy
- depolarize the cell membrane or start the electrical impule in the neuron
What are thermorceptors?
- detect hot or cold (temperature)
- Type II- heat
- End bulb of Krause- cold
What are Chemorecptors?
- transducers that respond to chemical stimulus
- depolarize the neuromembrane to set up an action potential
- triggers smell emotions
What are Photorecptors?
- rods and cones of retina
- specialized cells undergo a bleaching process when stimulated by photons of light.
- sets up a nervous impulse
- Rods-black and white
- Cones-color (red,blue,green)
What are Mechanorecptors?
List the Mechanorecptors
- Light Touch-most superficial
- Rapidly adapting (Meissener;s corpuscle)= lips, fingertips,gentialia, nipples
- Hair root plexus= detects any slight movement of hair shaft
- Pressure- deeper
- Rapidlly adapting (Pacinian corpusclej)=tendons, ligaments, picks up vibrations
- located on peristium
- Pain- naked or free nerve endings
- effected quicker
- surface of body has more of these
- Propriocepton- where you are in space and time
- muscle spindle= hands, feet, spine
- mm attachements
- contractions and relaxations of mm's
Overview of Nervous System.
- interconnected cells numbering 100 billion
- CNS- brain/spine-largest masses in body
- PNS-input and output "wires"
- connect to all the regions and most of organs in body
- 12 paired cranial nerves that connect head and neck
- 31 paired spinal nerves that connect neck, thorax,abdomen, pelvis, limbs
- Autonmic-3parts- Sympathetic, parasympathetic, enteric