Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How to Lift to Prevent Injuries
- 1. Position Feet properly
- 2. use legs NOT your back
- 3. Don't ever twist or turn
- 4. Keep patients weight close to your body
What are some types of Patient carry devices?
- 1. Wheeled Ambulance
- 2. Portable ambualance
- 3. Stair Chair
- 4. Scoop Stretcher
- 5. Spine Board
- 6. Basket Stretcher
- 7. Flex Stretcher
Describe Power Lift and Grip?
Power Lift- Good for people with weak knees or thighs. Spread feet shoulder width apart, bend knees/use legs.
Power Grip- Helps get max force from hands. Palms up thumbs up.
Emergency Move VS Urgent Move
Emergency Move- Use before assessment when there is potential for danger. There is always a risk for spinal injury.
Urgent Move- This may be needed when you need to move a patientw/an altered LOC, poor ventilation, or shock. Sometimes extreme weather conditions make this necessary as well.
When should you use Rapid Extrication?
- 1. Vehicle or scene is unsafe
- 2. Explosives or hazardous materials are on scene
- 3. Fire or potential fire
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview