Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Proxemics of American Culture.
- Intimate Less than 18'' Whispers/Touch
- Personal 18''-4' Convo Friends
- Social 4'-10' Acquaintances
- Public 10'-25' Interact w/strangers
10 Golden Rules to Good Patient Rapport
- 1. Make and keep eye contact at all times.
- 2. Provide your name and call the patient by their correct name.
- 3. Tell the patient the truth
- 4. Use Language the patient will understand
- 5. Be careful what you say about the patient to others
- 6. Be aware of your body language
- 7. Always speak slow, clear, and distinctly
- 8. If hearing impaired always face the person so they can see your lips
- 9. Allow time for the patient to answer any questions you have asked
- 10. Act and speak in a calm, confident manner while caring for the patient.
5 Steps for the Hearing Impaired
- 1. Have paper and pen available so that if necessary you and the patient can write asking and answering questions.
- 2. If they read lips you need to make sure to face them so they can see your lips.
- 3. Never shout
- 4. Be sure to listen carefully, ask short questions, and give short answers.
- 5. Learn simple ASL (Ie:sick, help, hurt, etc)
6 Functions of the PCR
- 1. Continuity of care
- 2. Legal Documentation
- 3. Education
- 4. Administrative Information
- 5. Essential Research Record
- 6. Evaluation and continuious quality improvement
The 6 components of an oral report
- 1. Opening Info- Patient Name, chief complaint, NOI/MOI
- 2. Detailed Info- Info not provided during radio report (No history of...)
- 3. Any important history-How she was found, etc.
- 4. The patient's response to treatment
- 5. Vital Signs
- 6. Other important info
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview