Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are nerves?
- cord-like structures distributed throughout the body.
- a bundle of neurons/neurons are single cell
What are neurons?
cord like structures that are bundled of many hundreds to thousands of cells
What is endoneurium?
- mesh collagen fibers, fibroblasts, and macrophages surrounded by ECF
- fluid nurishes the neuron and provides the necessary environment for its functions
What is perineurium?
- thicker sheath of ct
- collagenous sheaths with up to 15 layers of fibroblast distributed in a meshwork of collagen
What is epineurium?
- bundles all the fasciculi together to form a single nerve
- makes up to 50% of the cross-sectional area of a nerve
- sheath gives the nerve the necessary tensile strength to resist the tensile forces that can so easily damage the delicat nervous tissue.
- small blood vessels and lymphatics for the nerve
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview