Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the 1st protective case/helmet?
body incases delicate tissues in bone
What is the 2nd protective case/helmet?
meninges=envelope of connective tissue
What functions are the other functions that CSF does?
- maintains a constant molecular environment for neurons and glia
- removes dangerous metabolites that can damgae the brain tissue
What are the 2 meningeal ?
- dura mater-tough mother
- arachnoid mater-spider-like mother
- pia mater-delicate mother
What are the 3 meninges functions?
- form protective, vascular coats, which house between the inner two layers
- the fluid compartment that forms a hydraulic shock absorber and suspension system for the brain and spinal cord
What is dura mater?
Strong dense collagenous membrane that forms a tough outer encasement for the CNS
What is the periosteal dura?
- outer layer of the skull
- attaches intimately to the inside of the cranial bone
What is the meningeal dura?
- It is the inner layer
- intimately associated with the underlying arachnoid mater
What are the dural septas?
- falx cerebri-seperates right to left
- falx cerebelli-seperates the cerebellar hemi's
- tentorium cerebelli-seperates the cerebrum for the cerebellum
- dural venous sinuses-reservoirs for draining the capillaries of the brain
What are the leptomeninges?
- inner two meningeal membranes
- somewhat transparent layers comprised of arachnoid cells
- thin loose arrays of collagen
What fills teh subarachnoid space?
What is the tventricular system?
Lateral ventricals=c shaped cavity within the core of the hemispheres (there are 2)
Third ventricale=sits withing the core of the diencephalon
Aqueduct= narrow channel passes through the core of the midbrain
Fourth Vebtrical=tapers through the medulla to enter the spinal cord as the central canal
Central Canal=much reduced portion of the central cavitation haveing the thickness of a pin prick
Choroid plexus= convoluted aggregation of capillaries=protections are the principal site for the production of csf
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview