The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the minimum required bleed air manifold pressure reading when the FE pushes in the start button
25 PSI @ 16% RPM
At 16% the speed sense control opens the fuel shutoff valve and energizes the ignition relay. The ignition relay energizes what 3 things?
- Ignitor plugs
- Paralleling valve solenoid
- Fuel manifold drain valve (held closed electrically until 65%)
At what % RPM shall there be a rise in RGB and Power Section oil press?
The start button shall be pulled between___and _____%
When starting an engine in normal, when can you expect a second spike in TIT, and why?
A second peak occurs at 94% due to fuel control scheduling. TIT limit during this peak do not apply
When should the prop pump lights go out during start?
by low RPM provided its not the initial start of the day
When should the FUEL PRESS low light go out during start?
by low RPM
On start, when should the EDC PRESS low light go out?
On start, when should the Paralleling light go out?
Any time the inboard engines are operating with the doors and hatches closed, ground a/c and the cabin exhaust fan should be on. Why?
If they are not exhaust fumes will enter the cabin through the negative pressure relief valve.
If the APU is bring used to start engines. When can it be secured, and why?
It can be secured after starting a second engine with a generator. That way if you have to secure one engine, the a/c still has electrical power.
When shifting an engine from low to normal, what are three things you must ensure.
- Engine anti ice off
- Speed below 50 kts
- Power levers at or near ground start (dont move them during the shift)
CAUTION- during the shift, if TIT goes above 830 or rpm goes below 71%, secure engine.
What are the parameters which constitute a good NTS check.
- below 8,000 ft
- 180 kts +- 10
- SHP above 800
note- you can do an NTS check above 8k, you just cant gripe it.
What is the FE set up for an NTS check?
- Noth, South, East, West
- N- NTS switch to FX valve
- S- Sync Servo off
- E- Eingine anit ice on
- W- Wing De-ice on
What are the indications of a good NTS check.
- Required- SHP stable below mechanical governing range, not below 95%, with the power lever at flight idle.
- Accompanied by either of the following three
- 1. Initial or Flashing FX valve light
- 2. Within NTS SHP range (-150 to -500 on 1&4, -100 to -500 on 2&3)
- 3. Aircraft yaw in conjunction with NTS