Baker's Exam 3: Osteoporosis Medications
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the Bisphosphonates.
What is Reclast?
- Reclast is Zoledronate (same as the "cancer" bisposphonate)
- Therapy = an injection only 1x/yr
What is the common dentally significant adverse effects of Bisphosphonates?
- ONJ is not common w/oral bisphosphonates but is very significant if it occurs
- Pain, GI, HA, ONJ, orthostatic hypotension, dizziness
- Evista: Hot flashes and leg cramps
What is the dental treatment impact of bisphosphonates?
ONJ: minimize trauma, possibly avoid implants, early recognition of painful extraction site lesions, AVOID DEBRIDEMENT
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview