The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
supporting health and participation in life through engagement
collaboration between the practitioner and the client is central to the interactive nature of service delivery
8 defining terms
- purposeful activity- goal directed behavior or activity that has therapeutic value
- funcion (Dysfunction)- individuesl preformance of the tasks, activities, and roles during their daily occupations
- Independence- state or quality of being self reliant, ability to prerform an activity by onself
- Cognitive Skills- a clients mental/ thinking ability
- Psychosocial- referring to the mind and its influence over social interaction/ conduct
- Developmental- life stages humans attain and master in order to proceed to the next stage
- Adverse enviormental condition- conditions which an individual is physically placed that dictate their ability or disability to function in meaningful activity- poverty
- Occupation- Daily activities that provide structure to living/meaning to individuals and meet human needs
- Therapy is the art and science of helping people to do the day-to-day
- activities that are important and meaningful to their health and well being
- through the engagement in valued occupations"
Addressing the activities people engage in to OCCUPY their time, construct identity through doing and providing meaning.
means one must:
work in a defined scope of practice
- contribute toward developing their