The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A countercurrent multiplying system is formed from the loops of Henle and the _____ running along the loops of henle.
Casa Recta (capillary loops)
The mammalian kidney has a _____, a _____, and a _____.
- Cortex (outer region)
- Medulla (formed of renal pyramids)
- Renal Pelvis (area that collects filtrate and sends it to the ureters.)
The cortex contains what?
- Renal corpuscles (bowman's capsules)
- Proximal convoluted tubules
- Distal convoluted Tubules
The medulla contains what?
The loops of Henle and collecting tubules.
The collecting tubules dump into _____ which dumps into the _____, and the urine is send to the urinary bladder.