The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the 4 key points of 1st Generation.
- 1. Machine Language
- 2. Overheated
- 3. Vacuum tubes for circuitry
- 4. Enormous
What years were the 1st generation of computers?
What was the 1st computer called?
Name the 4 key points of the 2nd Generation.
- 1. Smaller
- 2. Assembly language replaced machine
- 3. Transistors replace vacuum tubes
- 4. Disk drives (first ever)
What years were the 2nd generation of computers?
Name the 4 key facts of 3rd generation of computers.
- 1. Video games: Space wars
- 2. Integrated Circuit Chips
- 3. Smaller
- 4. Email
What years were the 3rd generation of computers?
Name the 5 key facts abouth the 4th generation of computers.
- 1. Microprocessors (now fit in palm of hand)
- 2. Internet
- 3. Personal computers by IBM
- 4. Steve Jobs and Steven Wozniak founded Apple
- 5. Bill Gates founded Microsoft.
Is a website that contains personal opinions and knowledfe typically interactive
What the pros of blogging?
- Captures changes in thinking
- Introduces technology
- Saves tress - less paper
- Shy students are able to be more involved
What are the CONS of blogging?
- DIS DIS
- Doens't promote grammar or English
- Intimidating to share
- SCrolling doesn't develop some reading skills
- Difficult to monitor
- Internet - not every home has
- Students need to be taught
What can blogs be used for?
- Practice typing
- Commincation with classrooms around the world
- Publish stories or other work
Interactive project that alows students to navigate information in any order.
What does hypermedia include?
What is an example of hypermedia?
World wide web
What are the pros of hypermedia?
- Moves at own pace
- Allows for repetition
- Presents information in a variety of ways - incorporating a variety of learning styles.
What are the cons of hypermedia?
- Funding - lack of
- Time consuming to develop
- Training - lack of training
Educational software that maps information with multiple layers
What are the pros of inspiration?
- Visual learners
- User friendly
- Teaches planning and organizing
What are the cons of inspiration?
- Requires software
- One type of learner
- May need text supplements
What is internet?
International computer network providing email and information
What are the pros of internet?
- Social networks
- Vast resources
- Distance Learning
What are the cons of internet?
- Interferes with social development
- Sex offenders
- Reliability of information
What are the classroom uses of internet?
- Create a classroom website
- Scavenger Hunt
Pre-recorded audo program or file typically for download to computer or MP3 player
What are the pros of podcasts?
- All reading levels can use them
- Information for absent students
- Able to play on MP3 which are inexpensive
What are the cons of podcasts?
- Time consuming
- Lacks feedback
- Only effective for short topics
- Doesn't appeal to visual learners
- May not have technology to listen with
What are some of the uses of podcasts?
- Record lectures
- Study guides
- Disperse news
- Visual field trips
Interactive whiteboard created in 1991
What are the pros of smart boards?
- 1. Interactive classroom where learning is multidismensional
- 2. Take notes and save them
- 3. Motivating
- 4. Easy to teach
What are the cons of Smartboards?
- 1. Students may not be able to reach
- 2. Time consuming
What are some uses of Smartboards?
- Review as gams
- Notes for absent students
- Lunch orders
- Skype with other classrooms
Worksheets arranged in rows and columns with data in cells, often with formulas
What are the pros of spreadsheets?
- Easy calculations
- Organize checklists, schedules, and labratory
What are the cons of spreadsheets?
- Difficult to learn
- Need computer program
What are the pros of webdesign?
- 1. Post upcoming assignments, schedules and calendars
- 2. Access from everywhere
- 3. Needs to be kept up to date
- Interactive, compile and present information
- Inquiry oriented
What are the 6 components of a webquest?
What are the pros of webquests?
- Can vary in length
- Preselected resources
- Motivating and engages students
What are the cons of webquest?
- Time consuming
- Students on task
Web server software that allows users to collaborate and contribute content
What are the pros of Wikis?
- Collaborate with others
- Information in one location
- Easy to use
- user friendly
What are the cons of Wikis?
- Only one can log at a time
- Lack of the internet