The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
DNA stands for:
The monomers of DNA are:
3 Parts of DNA are:
- Phosphate Group
- Deoxyribose Sugar
- Nitrogen Base
4 Types of Nitrogen Bases in DNA are:
- Thymine (T)
- Adenine (A)
- Guanine (G)
- Cytosine (C)
- A pairs with T (Always Together)
- G pairs with C (Great Combination)
Adenine and Guanine
Thymine and Cytosine
How many hydrogen bonds are between A and T?
How many hydrogen bonds are between G and C?
- The process in which DNA makes copied of itself.
- This occurs in the nucleus of a cell.
RNA stands for:
4 Types of Nitrogen Bases in RNA are:
Three types of RNA are:
- Messenger RNA (mRNA)
- Transfer RNA (tRNA)
- Ribosomal RNA (rRNA)
mRNA is made in a process called _____.
Transcription occurs in the _____ of the cell.
The strand of DNA being read during transcription is called the _____.
- A group of 3 letters on an mRNA strand.
- Each codon represents an amino acid.
Translation takes place in the _____ of the cell.
tRNA drops _____ onto the mRNA.
When tRNA deposits anti-codons, this makes _____.
The chemical formula for a phosphate group is:
The 2 functions of DNA are:
- Instructions for the synthesis of all proteins.
- Copies itself to be passed on to offspring.
Function of RNA is:
To assist in protein synthesis.
A strand of RNA is read one codon at a time and amino acids are deposited to make proteins.