how do teacher responses affect the way students attribute their performance outcomes?
- may attribute their successes and failures to ability, effort, mood, knowledge,
- luck, help, interest, clarity of instructions, the interference of others,
- unfair policies, etc.
Encourage self-efficacy and self-worth.
-emphasize students’ progress in a particular area
- -Set learning goals for your students, and model a mastery orientation
- for them.
- -Make specific suggestions for improvement, and revise grades when
- improvements are made.
- Stress connections between past efforts and past accomplishments.