Self Care- Acne Treatment (Isotretinoin)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the active form of Isotretinoin?
What is the MOA of Isotretinoin?
- Binds RARs (mech unknown)
- Dec. Hyperkeratization (normalize follicular epithelium)
- Dec. Sebum production
- Dec. P. Acnes
- Dec. inflammation
What is dosage of isotretinoin?
- 0.5-1mg/kg per day
- 2mg/kg per day for severe risk of scarring&disfigurement acne
- x5 months= cum 120-150mg/kg per regimen
How do you monitor Isotretinoin?
- Liver fxn tests, lipid panel (baseline, week #4 & #8)
- CBC & CMP (Baseline)
- Depression s/sx
- Preg test (2 negative tests first then monthly)
What are the side effects of Isotretinoin?
- Dry skin/peeling
- Dry eyes (conjunctivitis)
- Joint pain
- Inc. LDL, Dec. HDL
When do you use Isotretinoin?
- Severe acne
- Inflammatory acne not responding to typical treatments
How long does each course last?
When should retreatment start if needed?
2 months after last course
How many courses may be needed?
What is the approved age?
What is the pregnancy category?
What is drug interactions of isotretinoin?
- Vit A supplements
How many forms of birth control must be used while on Isotretinoin?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview