The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The three areas of the family life and your health triangle.
Which part of the trianle helps:
get along with others
Which area of triangle:
family members nurture and support one another, sense of belonging, feel secure.
Which are of health triangle:
family provides food, clothing, shelter
healthful behaviors, and safety skills.
Nine ways to help strengthen your family:
- 1. care and love
- 2. support them
- 3. trust
- 4. be committed
- 5. be responsible
- 6. spend time together
- 7. respect individuality
- 8. work together to solve problems
- 9. be sensitive to others' needs
Three ways a family structure changes.
- Separation and Divorce
- Death of a family member
What is a natural emotion when you lose someone you love.
Kids might go through some of the stages of grief when parents divorce.
Four strategies to help cope with the death of a loved one.
- 1. focus on happy memories
- 2. accept your feelings (don't deny pain)
- 3. join a support group
- 4. get help from grief counselor
Four changes in famiy circumstances.
- 1. moving
- 2. financial problems
- 3. Illness and Disability
- 4. Drug and alcohol Abuse
Three ways to help cope with family changes.
- 1. help those who are struggling.
- 2. Read books, talk to someone
- 3. use stress-management techniques
The two types of domestic violence.
- 1. Spousal abuse
- 2. Child abuse
The three main forms of abuse in the home.
1. calling names
3. forcing sexually
- 1. emotional abuse
- 2. physical abuse
- 3. sexual abuse
the three Rs of avoiding domestic violence.
- 1. Recognize
- 2. Resist
- 3. Report