-reaction to serious or life threatening event or perceived trauma
affect overall functioning, challenges ind'l- microaggression
(acts of exclusion, victimizaiton, intimidation, and steotrypes.), insidious trauma
(evolves from onggoing experience of denigratio), secondary trauma
(tramatic exp to hearing about/ witnessing event)
- common features of a crisis:
- 1. precipitating or triggering effect (situational, developmental, environmental, compound)
- 2. The person perceives the event as a danger, loss,or threat.
- 3. Customary coping methods do not work or are inadequate to the degree of threat.
- 4. The person feels overwhelmed, anxious,disoriented, or uncertain.
- 5. Destabilization provides opportunity to restabilize
- 6. window of opportunitiy during crisis when a person is particulary amenable to assistance
help, focus on strengh and needs, validate, reduce stress, est a baseline, involve fam or friends, make meaing, risk assessment, folllow-up
clinicans in crisis
: pay attention to warning signs
dealing with crisis
: group process, list risks, rank, ethical consideration,