Baroque/Romantic Vs. Neo Classic
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1.Peter Paul Rubens
- "The Disembarkation Of Maria de Medici at Marsailles"
- "Raft of the Medusa"
- 3. De La Croix
- "Death of Sarandaplos
5 Baroque Intents or Aspects
- 1.Time-picking a moment or time
- 2.Space-Show depth and distance/landscape
- 4.Dramatic lighting-High contrast shading
- 5.theatrical Emotion-
Rubenists Followed Baroque:
- They were paniters artist who painted directly on canvas with out drawing.
- Vibrant color palette
- Aggressive burshstorks
- Organic Order= Energy
- 1.Nicholas Poussin
- "Rape of the Sabines"2.David
- "Oath of the horatil"
- The Poussinsts follwed the Classic tradtion of Greek and Roman Art, Use subjects which inspire Morality.
- Puting the state before yourself
- The were liner Artists
- Emphasized Draftmanship and Sculptural Forms
- Subdued color Palette
- Geometric order=clam and stabitity.
- Themes were popular with in the Baroque and Neo-Classic movement
- Exotic objects use:
- Persian rugs
- Fabrics like silks and satin
- Muslim Patterns
- Peacock feathers
- Incense Burnerss
- Opium Pips
- Roman bath
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview