Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- first monarch in elizabethan period
- from tudor family
- eldest son is arthur
catherine of argon?
- parents: king ferdinand and isabella
- married to henry 7th first, than marries henry 8th after he dies
1 girl - mary
- creates his own church of england and marries anne boleyn
- child is elizabeth
How many wives did henry 8th have?
- anne boleyn
- jane seymour
- anne of cleaves
- catherine howard
- catherine parr
killed by henry because she didnt have a boy
- 3rd wife
- gives him the boy he always wanted, but dies 2 months later
anne of cleaves?
wants nothing to do with her cause her face was scarred very badly
- 5th wife
- she was very young, and had affairs with others so she got executed
- got throne at 9, died at 15 years old from tuberculosis
- names lady jane grey as his successor
Lady jane grey?
- ed 6th successor
- 16 yrs old when she gets throne
- is queen for 9 days, but then marys forces come in and execute her
- married to phillip of spain
- bloody mary
- is catholic and wants everyone to be catholic
- burns 300 people at the stake
- dies from tuberculosis
- virgin queen
- strong personality
- died in 1603 and had no successor
defeats the spanish armada
Who was elizabeth threatned by?what did she do?
- mary queen of scots
- she chopped off mary's head
- James 6th of scotland
- (son of mary queen of scots)
tower of london?
built by william the conqueror in 1067
elizabeth's 2 main men?
- francis drake
- sir walter riley
state named after elizabeth?
sir francis drake's ship
tower of london?
houses the lord mayor
london is governed by?
- council of alderman
- lord mayor
where are the crown jewels kept?
tower of london
- not insured, and cant be replaced
little community that used to be bustling
- 200,000 people lived there
- led to another plague because it was unsanitary
theatres and large places were closed to large crowds to prevent spread of plague
if you ate citrus things, you wouldnt get scurvy
way of presenting a play?
acting troops would act on a wagon
example of pastoral convention?
- passionate shepard to his love
- nymphs reply
sir thomas wyatt?
went to italy and brought back 14 line poem
- broken up into an octet and a sestet
- rhyme scheme: ABBA ABBA CDE CDE
- 3 quatraines and a couplet
- rhyme scheme: ABAB CDCD EFEF GG
sir thomas wyattt's castle
henry 8th's ship
murdered for being a govt spy at age 29
Sir walter raleigh?
- queen elizabeth's favorite
- names virginia after her
- brought tobacco to europe
a series of love poems for spensers wife
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview