DOQ Questions 51-100
Card Set Information
DOQ Questions 51-100
DOQ Questions Unit 2 Part 2
51. What term refers to inborn emotional excitability?
52. What term refers to externally taught changes in behavior?
53. What term refers to anything that can harm an unborn baby?
54. Please name the researcher who coined the term Language Acquisition Device.
55. Please name the researcher who coined the term Critical Period.
56. Please name the psychologist who did extensive research on parenting styles.
57. At what stage of Cognitive Development does a child lack object permanence?
58. At what stage of Cognitive Development does a child exhibit egocentric thinking?
59. At what stage of Cognitive Development does a child?
60. At what stage of Cognitive Development does a child exhibit abstract thinking?
61. At what level of Moral Development does a person adhere to Universal Ethical Principles?
62. If weaned too early or too late, babies may fail to resolve the conflicts of this stage and develop what?
63. Before people were diagnosed with OCD they would be described by a Freudian psychologist as having what?
64. During the Phallic Stage a boy might develop what kind of complex?
65. During the Phallic Stage a girl might develop what kind of complex?
66. Sexual maturation; the end of childhood and the point when reproduction is first possible.
67. The first menstrual period.
68. Period during which males achieve first ejaculation.
69. Uneven growth of body parts during adolescence.
70. Combining or blending traditionally male and female characteristics.
71. The biological event in which a woman�s production of sex hormones is sharply reduced.
72. Seriously considering identity issues, but no commitment yet.
IDENTITY MORATORIUM ADOLESCENTS
73. Have made a firm commitment on identity issues based on the suggestions of others.
IDENTITY FORECLOSURE ADOLESCENTS
74. Have not given any thought to identity issues.
IDENTITY CONFUSED ADOLESCENTS
75. Have freely committed to important identity issues.
IDENTITY ACHIEVEMENT ADOLESCENTS
76. According to Freud which part of the personality follows the Pleasure Principle?
77. According to Freud which part of the personality follows the Reality Principle?
78. According to Freud which part of the personality follows the Morality Principle?
79. What are the two parts of the ID?
80. According to Freud, which part of the personality acts as the referee?
81. Defense Mechanism: Replacing an unacceptable feeling with an opposite one.
82. Defense Mechanism: Redirecting a forbidden desire into a socially acceptable desire.
83. Defense Mechanism: Not accepting the truth or the reality of a situation.
84. Defense Mechanism: Pushing painful thoughts or memories out of the conscious mind.
85. Defense Mechanism: Taking out your anger on a less powerful person.
86. Defense Mechanism: Creating a reason or excuse to make a wrong act seem right.
87. Defense Mechanism: Going back to an earlier less mature pattern of behavior.
88. Defense Mechanism: Believing that emotions are not coming from within but are coming from other people.
89. Who was Sigmund Freud�s greatest student?
90. According to Carl Jung, what part of the mind contains inherited instincts?
THE COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS
91. What term is defined as an inherited idea?
92. Jungian term, kind of person who likes to think; gets over stimulated by sensation.
93. Jungian term, kind of person who likes to do; does not get tired until they are alone.
94. Who coined the term inferiority complex?
95. A pattern of avoiding feelings of inadequacy rather than trying to overcome their source.
96. What is Maslow�s term for a person realizing one�s unique potential?
97. What is Rogers� term for a person realizing one�s unique potential?
98. What term refers to the conditions a person must meet in order to regard himself or herself positively?
CONDITIONS OF WORTH
99. What term refers to the Humanist term for one�s image of oneself developed through interaction with others?
100.The process of being valued by significant people in your life for who you are.
UNCONDITIONAL POSITIVE REGARD