DOQ Questions 1-50
The flashcards below were created by user
1. The internally programmed growth of a child.
2. What reflex occurs as a clinging response to a touch
on the palm of a baby�s hand?
3. What reflex occurs when touching occurs anywhere around a baby�s mouth?
4. What reflex occurs when anything touches a baby�s lips?
5. What reflex occurs when the foot is stroked and the toes spread?
6. What reflex occurs when a baby flings his or her limbs out after being startled?
7. Who established the Psychosexual Theory of Development?
8. Who established the Psychosocial Theory of Development?
9. Who established the Cognitive Theory of Development?
10. Who established the Moral Theory of Development?
11. Name the researcher who discovered geese form a rapid attachment to their mother called imprinting.
12. Name the researcher who studied the relationship between mother and child in rhesus monkeys.
13. Name the researcher who studied attachment in families.
14. What term is defined as an inherited tendency of some newborn animals to follow the first moving object they see?
15. What term is defined as a specific time in development when certain skills or abilities are most easily learned?
16. Harry Harlow discovered that touching causes baby monkeys to form attachments with their mothers. What is this called?
CONTACT COMFORT TACTILE TOUCH
17. Name the four kinds of attachments.
SECURE AVOIDANT RESISTANT DISORGANIZED
18. A conceptual framework a person uses to make sense of the world.
19. The process of fitting objects and experiences into one�s schemas.
20. The adjustment of one�s schemas to include newly observed events and experiences.
21. What term is defined as the awareness that objects exist even when they cannot be perceived?
22. What term refers to the intellectual ability of a child to picture something in their mind?
23. What term is defined as the principle that a given quantity does not change when its appearance changes?
24. What term refers to a young child�s inability to understand another person�s perspective?
25. Which parenting style allows the child to participate in decision making?
26. Which parenting style is characterized by parents giving in to their child�s demands?
27. What kind of parents believe they do not have to explain their actions or demands?
28. What causes infants to quietly and mysteriously die in their sleep?
SIDS (SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME)
29. What is the process of redirecting sexual impulses into learning tasks called?
30. What is the process by which a child adopts the values of the same sex parent?
31. What is the process of learning the rules of behavior of the culture within which an individual is born and lives called?
32. Name the first stage of Cognitive development.
33. Name the second stage of Cognitive development.
34. Name the third stage of Cognitive development.
35. Name the fourth stage of Cognitive development.
36. A 1 year old would be in what stage of Psychosexual development?
37. A 2 year old would be in what stage of Psychosexual development?
38. A 5 year old would be in what stage of Psychosexual development?
39. An 8 year old would be in what stage of Psychosexual development?
40. A 15 year old would be in what stage of Psychosexual development?
41. Stage 1: Trust vs. ___
42. Stage 2: Autonomy vs. ___
SHAME AND DOUBT
43. Stage 3: Initiative vs. ___
44. Stage 4: Industry vs. ___
45. Stage 5: Identity vs. ___
46. Stage 6: Intimacy vs. ___
47. Stage 7: Generativity vs. ___
48. Stage 8: Integrity vs. ___
49. What are the three levels of moral development?
PRE-CONVENTIONAL CONVENTIONAL POST-CONVENTIONAL
50.What influences moral development?
DOQ Questions 1-50
DOQ Questoions Unit 2 Part 1