Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Explain what happens to the number of protons and neutrons in alpha particles, beta particles and gamma rays
- - U- alpha 238
- - Ni - beta 63
- - I - beta 131
- - Ra - alpha 226
How can you tell what number is the atomic number in the periodic table?
smaller number, whole number
How can you tell which number is the atomic mass in the periodic table?
big number, decimal
List each of the periodical tables and their locations?
- G1: alkaline metals
- G2: alkaline earth metals
- G3-G12: transition metals
- G13-G16: mixed metals
- G17: halogen
- G18: noble gases
List some chemical properties of metalloids
-conductors of heat and electricity
List some chemical properties of metals?
List some chemical properties of non-metals
- - reactive with other metals
- - gain or share electrons
- - poor conductors of heat and electricity
List some physical properties of metalloids
List some physical properties of metals?
- - shininess
- - malleability (bent)
- - ductivity (pull it out make to wire)
- - conductivity (electric current can pass through)
List some physical properties of non-metals
What are 3 subatomic particles and their charges?
- - positionneutrons
- - neutralelectrons
- - negative
What are the 3 types of radioactive delay?
- -alpha particles
- - beta particles
- - gamma rays
What is difference between periods and groups?
- periods - horizontal rows
- groups - vertical columns
What is the difference between the hallogens and noble gases?
- - hallogen atoms typically share one electron when it reacts with other elements
- - noble gases do not usually gain, lose or share electrons
Who first organized the period table?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview