World History: Chapter 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Founded by Laozi
- Laozi wrote "The Way of Virtue"
- Harmony with Nature
- Promoted the focusing of Dao instead of everyday cares
Describe "The Mandate of Heaven".
- Promoted by Zhou
- Divine right to rule
- Passed by Gods
- Explains the Dynastic Cycle
- Gods would "withdraw support" when they were unhappy with a ruler.
Which early river valley civilization had carefully planned cities.
What was the ultimate goal of existence according to Hindus?
To achieve Moksha
Along what river did civilization begin?
The River of Sorrows; the Huang River
What did Chinese emperor Shi Huangdi start building to protect China from invaders?
The Great Wall of China
List the important advances or accomplishments of the Gupta Empire.
- Mathematics: arabic numbers, decimal system
- Vaccinations 1000 years before Europe
- Setting of bones
What beliefs do Hindus and Buddhists have in common?
- Stressed Nonviolence
- Believe in: Karma, Dharma, and Rebirth (or reincarnation)
Who was the founder of Buddhism?
What did Confucius mean by filial piety?
Respect for parents
What group established the caste system in India?
What dynasty in China started the "Civil Service System"?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview