Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 6 - 10
- 55-50 FIO2
- one flap may be removed to prevent accident suffocation, this will provide slightly less FIO2
AEM (air entrainment mask or venturi mask)
- LPM determined by percentage of oxygen to be delivered.
- 24 - 50 FIO2 (varies with back pressure)
- LPM / FIO2
- 2 - 24%
- 4 - 28%
- 6 - 31%
- 8 - 35%
- 8 - 40%
- 12 - 50%
- less than 8 LPM
- all basic O2 devices are low flow with variable FIO2 excepe AEM
When should humidity be provided?
When flow is greater than 4 LPM
- low - less than 35%
- moderate - 35-60%
- high - greater than 60%
High flow vs. low flow devices
- High flow devices meets and exceeds the patients demands.
- Low flow devices supplements with room air
- less than 60 torr PaO2
- less than 90% SaO2
- PaO2 ranges:
- normal 80-100%
- mild 60-79%
- moderate 59-40%
- severe less than 40%
- normal 12-20 breaths per minute
- if greater than 25; patient needs a high flow system
- rate greater than 35 is a critical value and indicates need for mechanical ventilation
Patient's PaO2 norms per age of patient
age 60 PaO2 less than 80 is normal
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview