Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What are the five divisions of of the travel and tourism industry?
- Lodging Operations - Hotels, Motels, Resorts, Timeshare Hotels ect...
- Food and Beverage Operations - Restaurants, Lodging properties, Retail Stores, Vending, Catering, ect...
- Transportation Services - Ships, Airplanes, Autos, Buses, Trains, Limousines
- Retail Stores - Gift Shops, Souvenir Shops, Arts/Crafts Shops, Shopping Malls, Markets, Convenience Stores.
What are commercial food service operations?
Organization such as those in lodging properties, restaurants, and other for-profit enterpises.
Those organizations that stand to make a profit from food and beverage sales.
What are noncommercial food service operations?
Organizations such as schools, nursing homes, hospitals, and military services.
- Organizations thatare not for profit.
- Also called Institutional food service operations.
What are the two divisions of the noncommercial food service operations?
Self-operated and contract management company-operated facilities.
What are Self-Operated facilities?
Self-operated food services are those managed by the organization that offers them.
What are Contract management company-operated facilites?
Contract management company-operated facilities emply a contract management company to operate food services for its students, patients, residents, employees, or other constituencies.