Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Describe the difference between Wigs & Hairpeices:
- Wigs- are designed to cover the entire head.
- Hairpeices- are designed to cover only specific areas of the head.
Hairpeices & Wigs are made with what materials?
They can be made with human hair, animal hair, synthetic fibers, or a blend of all of these.
Why are Human Hair wigs so much more expensive?
Because the supply of human hair for manufacturing is limited.
Describe the match test of a wig or hairpiece:
It is where you pull out several strands & hold them over a match flame. Human hair will burn slow & produce and oder, were synthetic fiber will either "ball up" (melt) & extinguish OR burn very fast & produce no oder.
What Animal Hair is used most often for wigs or hairpieces.
Yak, Angora, Horse, or Sheep Hair.
Describe the J&L Ring:
Standard hair color ring (70 colors) Used by wig & hairpiece manufacturers.
a) Cap Wig:
b) Capless Wig:
- a) Cap wig: Consist of elastcized mesh fiber base to which the hair fiber is attached.
- b) Capless Wig: Consist of rows of hair wefts sewn to elastic. They're light, cool & cofortable.
a) Hand Tied
b) Machine Made
c) Semi Hand Made
- a) Hand Tied: wig/hairpiece produced by hand tying strands of hair into fine meshwork/foundation.
- b) Machine Made: Hair fiber sewn into long strips called wefts, then sewn onto cap in a circular, crisscross pattern.
- c) Semi Hand Made: Combination of Hand Tied & Machine Made.
What are the different ways to customize a wig?
Wig measurment, & fitting. Instructions on how to put wig on, blocking cleaningm cutting, coloring, & styling.
How often should human hair wigs be cleaned?
Every 2-4 weeks
How often should synthetic wigs be cleaned?
Every 6-12 weeks.
What solutions should be used to cleanse wigs?
Liquid-Dry Cleansing Shampoo, & Conditioning Spray. (Wig Cleansing Products)
What coloring services are available for human hair wigs?
Temporary rinses, Semi-Permanent colors, Fillers, or Low-Level (darker) Oxidative colors.
What coloring services are available for synthetic wigs?
They shouldn't have color applied to them.
What tools are generally used for cutting:
a) Synthetic Wigs
b) Human Hair Wigs
- a) Synethetic Wigs: Comb, Shears, Thinning Shears.
- b) Human Hair Wigs: Comb, Shears, Razor, Thinning Shears.
List the different hairpieces:
- 1) Wiglets
- 2) Cascade
- 3) Fall
- 4) Switch
- 5) Chignon
- 6) Curl Segment
- 7) Braid
- 8) Toupee
Describe Hair Additions:
Consist of loose hair fiber intended for attachment to the base of clients own hair, offering a wide opption of styles, lengths, density, texture/color, & effects.