Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Label the equations values- A(t) = a(1+OR-r)^t
- A(t)- final amount
- a- initial amount
- t- number of time periods
- r- rate of increase
Tony purchased a guitar in 2000 for 12,000. It is estimated that the valuew ill increase by 14% each year. Find when the value of the guitar will be 60,000.
- 60,000 = 12,000(1+.14)^t
- = 12,000(1.14)^t
- 60,000/12,000 = 5
- log1.14^5 = t
- CHANGE OF BASE FORMULA- log5/log1.14 ~ 12.2
- ANSWER: The guitar will be 60,000 in 12.2 years.
When graphing an inverse, what can you do to the x and y variables?
Switch the x and y with each other.
What happens to the domain and range for the inverse?
They switch with each other.
List the steps to writing and inverse.
- 1. Put in y = f(x) format and graph f
- 2. switch x and y
- 3. solve for y
- 4. write in slope-intercept form- y = mx + b
- 5. write inverse and graph
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview