17th century notes
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- ruled by divine right
English civil war?
- royals vs. roundheads/puritans
- puritans won and executed charles
- king when the english civil war began
- only king to be formally executed
- no form of entertainment
- must go to church
- Protectorit times under puritan rule
- ruler was Oliver Cromwell
- when puritans ruled
- ruler was oliver cromwell
no rule at all
- considered the last real king
- catholic, but had to rule protestant
greatest king for religous freedom?
- 1st actress
- had an affair with Charles II
which king ruled during the restoration?
restoring of monarchy
What 2 catastrophic events did Charles II rule through?
last time there was a worldwide plague
fire of london?
- lasted 5 days
- started on pudding land
- wiped out london
- there was no rain, but heavy winds
- got run out of dodge during the glorious revolution
- James II was run out
- **there was no bloodshed
William and Mary?
- ruled in a joint monarchy
- power or monarch started to dwindle
- **forced to rule by magna carta
- last stuart monarch
- no air to throne
Order of monarchs in 17th century?
- James I
- Charles I
- Puritans-under cromwell
- Charles II
- James II
- William and Mary
- Queen Anne
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview