Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What tells the body what changes to make to maintain homeostasis?
The electrical messages of the nervous system and the chemical signals of the endocrine system.
What can go wrong with homeostasis?
- Body cells that do not get enough energy or nutrients cannot work properly.
- A lack of food harms many systems and may cause disease or death.
- Toxins can prevent cells from carrying out life processes.
- Pathogens break down cells.
- Problems occur when the body's messages do not work, or are not sent when or where they are needed.
- Many diseases that affect homeostasis are hereditary.
What happens when the body cannot maintain homeostasis?
Pathogens can more easily invade the body.
_________ is maintaining stable conditions inside the body.
Which system brings oxygen into the blood and releases carbon dioxide from the body?
The long, thin cells of which system help transmit messages around the body?
The muscular heart pushes what around the body?
Which two systems work together to allow the player to swing the bat?
Nervous and muscular
If the body temperature goes up, what senses the change and will work to reduce the body temperature to normal?
How are the functions of the skeletal and muscular systems related?
Both help the body to move and they work together in doing so.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview