Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the equation for cellular respiration?
6O2+C6H12O6 -> 6CO2+ATP
Where does glycolysis occur?
Where does the krebs cycle occur?
Where does the electron transport chain occur?
What are the raw materials of glycolysis?
What are the raw materials of the krebs cycle?
What are the raw materials of the electron transport chain?
What are the products of glycolysis?
What are the products of the krebs cycle?
What are the products of the electron transport chain?
What is cellular respiration?
The process of releasing energy by breaking down food
What is fermentation?
The process that releases energy from food in the absense of O2
What are the two types of fermentation?
What are the reactants and products of each?
Where do they occur?
- Alcoholic FermentationPyruvic Acid + NADH -> Alcohol + CO2 + NAD+
- Occurs in yeast cells
- Lactic Acid FermentationPyruvic Acid + NADH -> Lactic Acid + NAD+
- Occurs in muscle cells when they run out of O2Causes pain and soreness
What are some differences between photosynthesis and cellular respiration?
- Use sun to make energy
- Takes in light, H2O &CO2
- Gives off glucose & O2
- Cellular RespirationDone by every living thing
- Turns food into energy
- Takes in glucose & O2Gives off CO2 & water
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview