The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How do you move a patient side to side from a supine position?
- hands under head and upper body, support head..slide toward you
- hands under the trunk and distal to the pelvis..slide toward you
- hands under thighs and legs..slide toward you
How do you move a patient upward while in a supine position?
- bring pt closer to edge of bed first
- flex pts hips and knees
- stand in a side lunge postition
- support pts head a chest with your arms (your chest close to their chest)
- move patient up
How do you position a pt in a sidelying position from supine?
- pt needs to be close to edge
- turn pt TOWARDS you
- cross legs
- hold at shoulders and pelvis area, and pull gently towards you
How do you move a patient into prone position from supine?
- move pt closer to one side
- roll pt TOWARD you
- roll as in sidelying
- roll onto stomach, fix arms
How do you put a pt in sitting postion from supine?
- move close to one edge
- roll onto sidelying position (LE partially flexed)
- lift trunk by lifting under the shoulders
- pivot LE's over side of bed