Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Signifies inc ICP & impending herniation.
- DO NOT DO A LUMBAR PUNCTURE
- thru placenta
Infection that is adjacent
- basilar fracture
- post-neurosurgical procedure
- CSF shunt
- Worry about arachnoid and pia mater
- inc WBC count
- Carbonic anhydrase of SA space
- Come from meningitis
- inflammation of brain parenchyma --> cerebral dysfunction
try to extend a raised 90 degree leg causes pain in the hamstring
Raise head of supine patient and the knee raises 90 degrees
- Primary or late reactivation of tuberculosis
- subependymal tubercles rupture into the subarachnoid space which lead to meningitis.
Dense gelatinous exudate that develops in TB meningitis
- Occurs at the base of the brain
- surrounds the arteries and cranial nerves at the base of the brain
- leads to hydrocephalus, vasculitis
- which leads to infarction
Chronic meningitis of TB meningitis
Grey-green gelatinous or fibrinous exudate in basal brain surfaces.
TORCH complex agent of newborns
- Other (congenital syphilis and viruses)
- Herpes simplex virus
The most common fungal meningitis
The most common intracranial mass
The most common neoplasm
- Cryptococcal meningitis (fungal)
- toxoplasmosis (IC mass)
- EBV driven promary CNS lymphoma (neoplasm)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview