The Evolution of Fashion
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Beginning of Couture:
- - 1700's individuality of design befan to emerge
- - styles were set by royalty and carried out by dressmakers
- - 19th ventry opulent designs(custom tailored clothing) of the rich began to disappear; less elaborate dress became the order of the day
- -late 1800's saw the onset of ready to wear - wide selection of mass-produced garments in standardized sizes.
The Industrial Revolution:
- - until 1770, products made by hand, cloth is still hand woven, cobbler still used a hammer, knife and awl to make a shoe over a last, or form
- - growth in the middle class, prosper from new avenues of trade and industry
- - changes in methods of production occurred, 1733, textile industry revolutionized by a series of time saving inventions
- - late 1800's wonmen began to sew professional looking clothes at home
- -1900 saw unionization of the garment industry , and fight to upgrad working conditions, benefits and salaries
segments of the fashion industry:
- - textiles
- - manufacturers
- - retailers
- - fashion communications (media)
- - market consultants
- - designers
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview