Ex. Metabolism Exam II
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Strength training effects on aerobic power and short term endurance (Hickson et al), Results are....
- 1. 78% increase of squat strength
- 2. 42% increase of knee flex strength
- 3. 90% increase of knee ext strength
- 4. increase thigh girth
- 5. decrease % of fat
- 6. increase weight
- 7. increase slightly Max VO2 l/min on bike
- 8. no change Max VO2 ml/kg/min on bike
- 9. no change Max V02 md/kg/min on treadmill
- 10. no change Max V02 l/min on treadmill
- 11. increase 47% time to exhaustion on bike
- 12. increase 12% time to exhaustion on treadmill
- 13. blood lactate levels same after training
Control is exerted on the motoneuron pool thus...
at any level of excitation or inhibition, only a fraction of neurons are stimulated
Elevation of oxidative capacity should occur specifically in motor units, thus...
- A. Increase of oxidative capacity (OC) occurs exclusively in deep red muscle
- B. At increased training speeds OC increases in peripheral white motor units
- C. Sedentary people exhibit highest increases in STR fibers and lowest FT fibers increases
- D. Recreational athletes exhibit increased STR and FTR fibers, little change to FTW
- E. Highly trained increased in all STR, FTR, and FTW
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview