1) Most joints of the skeleton are __, which are more complex than __ or __.
2) The __ of bone in a __ are covered with __.
3) A __ consists of an outer layer of dense connective tissue that joins the __, and an inner layer made up of __.
a) __ has the consistency of egg whites and lubricates articulating surfaces within the joint
4) Some __ contain __ pads of __ called __.
5) Some __ have fluid-filled sacs called __.
6) Based on the __ of their parts and the __ they permit, __ can be classified as six different types. What are they?
- G. Synovial joints
- 1) synovial joints/ fibrous/ cartilaginous joints
- 2) articular ends/ synovial joint/ hyaline cartilage
- 3) joint capsule/ periosteum/ synovial membrane
- a) synovial fluid
- 4) synovial joints/ shock-absorbing/ fibrocartilage/ menisci
- 5)synovial joints/ bursae
- 6) shapes/ movements/ synovial joints/
- The six are: ball-and-socket joint, condyloid joint, gliding joint, hinge joint, pivot joint, saddle joint