Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- · is a belief that is
- contradicted by fact.
“I knew that already”
is a transactional process of sharing meaning with others.
Initiator and encoder; the person who sends the message
Stimulus/something that causes meaning that produces meaning
Medium through which a message travels, such as oral or written
- Interference with effective transmission and reception of a message.
- (Disruption, or distraction) Is all around the S.M.C.R.
Puts ideas into a spoken language
translate the president’s spoken ideas.
- · external, environmental
- distractions such as startling sounds, poorly heated rooms, or seeing something
- biological influences such as sweaty palms, pounding heart,
- butterflies in stomach, sick, exhausted, im really hungry what is for dinner
- in the form of preconceptions, biases, assumption eww I don’t like her
- why is she talking to me, Asian people are uptight im not going to talk to
- as reflected in word choice that is confusing or distracting also
- creates interference. Like text messageing abbreviations for people who don’t
- know what they mean. Lls. Words only if you can’t understand them and you are
- sitting there trying to figure the word out. Sexist, racist, homophobic words.
- Choosing the wrong term can derail your message by drawing attention to
- terminology disputes while submerging the content of your intended message.
the receiver’s verbal and nonverbal responses to a message.
Fields of Experience
- · include our cultural
- background, ethnicity, geographic location, extent of travel, and general
- personal experiences accumulated over the course of a lifetime. The boxes
- around the 2 people. How the message is decoded depends on the field of
- · What is actually said
- and done Ex: Hey Prof Tilson I didn’t like your test. Hey Tilson your test
- sucked. Stick up middle finger. Smile.
- · how that message defines
- or redefines the association between individuals. (respect, disrespectful,
- is “the conscious pattern humans create out of their interpretation of