Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What is meant by the term "overweight"?
- A soldier is considered overweight when his or her percent body fat exceeds the standard specified in AR 600-9.
Who is responsible for meeting the standards prescribed in AR 600-9?
Every Soldier.(Commissioned Officer, Warrant Officer and Enlisted). Self discipline to maintain proper weightdistribution and high standards of appearance are essential to every individual in the Army
What are the primary objectives of the Army Weight Control Program?
- Ensure all personel are able to meet the physical demands of their duties under combat conditions, present a trim military appearance at all times
Name some limitations on personnel that are overweight, including Soldiers who become pregnant while on the weight control program
- 1.Are non promotable (to the extent such non promotion is permitted by law).
- 2. Will not be assigned to command, command sergeant major or first sergeant positions.
- 3. Are not authorized to attend professional military schools
Can a Soldier who has been flagged for being overweight or an APFT failure receive an award?
- A Soldier that is flagged for being overweight cannot receive an award.A Soldier that is flagged for APFT failure can receive an award
When is a determination of percent body fat required to be made on personnel?
- When their body weight exceeds the screening table weight.When the unit commander or supervisor determines that the individual's appearance suggests that body fat is excessive
What are three reasons why the Army is so concerned about excess body fat?
- 1. Connotes a lack of personal discipline.
- 2. Detracts from military appearance.
- 3. May indicate a poor state of health, physical fitness, or stamina
When does enrollment in a weight control program begin?
On the day that the soldier is informed by the unit commander that he or she has been entered into a weight control program.
Tape measures used for taping should be made of what material?
The tape measures could be made of a non stretchable material, preferably fiberglass; cloth or steel tapes are unacceptable
How often should soldiers in the weight control program weight in?
Monthly to measure progress
What is the required weight loss goal for Soldiers on the Army Weight Control Program?
The required weight loss goal of 3 to 8 pounds per month is considered a safely attainable goal to enable soldiers to lose excess body fat and meet the body fat standards
What regulation covers the Army Weight Control Program?
Screening table weights and heights are measured to the nearest what?
1/2 pound or 1/2 inches
What three things must happen when a soldier is determined to be overweight?
- 1. Will be provided exercise guidance, dietary information or weight reduction counseling by health care personnel,
- and assistance in behavioral modification, as appropriate, to help them attain the requirements of the Army.
- 2. Entered into weight control program by unit commanders
- 3. Flagged by the Commander under the provisions of AR 600-8-22
How often should soldiers be weighed?
A soldier should be weighed when they take the APFT or at least every six months
Define Tape Test?
The method of determining the percent of body fat on a soldier
What circumference sites are used for taping male and female soldiers
- Male- Abdomen and NeckFemale- Neck, Waist and Hip (largest portion of the protruding buttock)
How many times is each measurement required to be made?
- Three times(Each sequential measurement will be within 1?2 inch of the next or previous measurement.)
How many people should be utilized in the taping of soldiers?
- Two, one to place the tape measure and determine the measurements, the other to assure proper placement and tension
- of the tape, as well as to record the measurement on the worksheet
If circumstances prevent the weighing of soldiers immediately following the APFT, when can they be weighed?
If the circumstances preclude weighing soldiers during the APFT, they should be weighed within 30days of the APFT
It is a requirement that all TDY and PCS orders contain what statement in regards to weight control?
You are responsible for reporting to your next duty station/school in satisfactory physical condition, able to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) and meet weight standards.”
In regards to percent body fat, all personnel are encouraged to achieve the more stringent Department of
Defense-wide goal of what?
To assist soldiers in meeting the requirements prescribed in AR 600-9, weight-screening tables are used. The
screening weight is based on what two considerations?
Height and age with separate tables for males and females
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview