The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What congenital anomalies do the following produce?
7. Folate antagonist/valproate
12.Smoking, Nicotine, CO
15. Vitamin A excess
- ACEI-renal Damage
- ETOH-FAS, MR, microcephaly
- Alkylating Agents--missing digits
- Aminoglycosides- CN 8
- Cocaine- Placental abruption, ischemia--preecclampsia
- DES--Vaginal Clear cell Adenocarcinoma
- Folate Antagonist/Valproate--NTD
- Iodine-congenital goiter or hypothyrodism
- Lithium-Ebstein's abnormality atrialized ventricle
- Maternal DM-TOGV, hypoglycemia, macrosomia, anal atresia
- Smoking, nicotine, CO--ADHD, IUGR, placental ischemia
- Tetracycline-Discolored Teeth
- Thalidomide-absence of limbs
- Vitamin A excess- cleft palate,spontaneous abortion
- Warfarin--Bone Deformity and fetal hemorrhage
?Symptoms of Ankylosing spondylitis?
- costovertebral joint inflammation--hypoventilation
What are the 5 enzymes involved in heme synthesis?
- ALA synthase--Heme/Glucose/Lead inhibit/\Etoh, benzo, hypoxia stimulates
- ALA dehydratase
- porphobilinogen deaminase
- Uroporphobilinogen Decarboxylase
- Ferrochelatase-lead inhibits
3 places for Vit B6 pyridoxine?
- heme synthesis
- peripheral dopa decarboxylase
In a positive skewed distribution where is the mean?
in a negatively skewed distribution where is the mean?
What kind of gastric anomaly is present in Pataus? vs downs?
- Patau--pyloric stenosis/omphalocele
- Downs---duodenal atresia/Hirshsprung
Syndrome with prolonged QT interval and sensory neural hearing loss?
Jervel-Lange Nielsen Syndrome
4 Second generation of H1 blockers?
3 1st generation of H1 blockers?
- 2nd Generation:
- 1st generation:
4 Drugs with low TI?
What are the 3 enzymes involved in the synthesis of hypochlorite?
- NADPH oxidase
What 2 conditions give strawberry tongue?
2 skin infections caused by both staph aureus and s. pyogens?
TNF alpha inhibitirs i.e Infliximab, adulimumab, etanercept predispose to what?
What pneumoconiosis predisposes to Tb?
What is an axonal reaction?
- regeneration of axon following a severance
- you see
- swelling of the axonal body
- peripheral displacement of nucleus and nissl bodies
Inner restleness and inability to sit still see in with conjuction with anti-psychotic meds is called?
2 Effects of using Beta blockers for Hypertension?
decreases contractility and decreased renin production so it will decrease alpha one effects on the blood vessels
Squamous epithelium is found in what part of the respiratory tract?
true vocal chords
Drugs used for Restless leg syndrome?
Dopamine agonists for Parkinsons?
What nucleus controls circadian rhythm?
Suprachiasmatic nucleus--NE---Pineal Gland---Melatonin