Pathophys Test 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cause of normochromic, normocytic anemia
Acute blood loss
Cause of normochromic, macrocytic anemia
Folic acid or B12 deficiency
Cause of hypochromic, microcytic anemia
- Iron deficiency - parasitic infection or decreased dietary intake
- Peptic ulcer - iron loss due to bleeding
Cause of hemolytic anemia
- Hereditary or acquired disorder
- - Sickle cell anemia
- - Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency
- - Anything that increases oxidative stress to RBCs, especially if coupled with G6-P dehydrogenase --> hemolytic anemia
- - Infections
- - Drugs (antimalarial, sulfonamides)
- - Ingestion of fava beans
Know the basic range of hematologic values.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview