Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- the brain, head, skull, neck
- Ex: pertaining to the skull
- Ex: pertaining to the neck; there are seven cervical vertabrae in the neck region. C1-C7
- the chest, collar bone
- Ex: pertaining to the chest
- thoracic vertabrae
- Ex: there are twelve thoracic vertabrae and each bone is joined to a rib. T1-T12
- posterior, back of the spine, back
- Ex: pertaining to the back or behind
- Ex: pertaining to the back
- anterior ventral, front of the spine, front
- Ex: pertaining to the front
- Ex: pertaining to the front of the body
- spinal, spine, lower back
- Ex: pertaining to the vertebrae
- lumbar vertabrae
- Ex: loin (waist region) between the ribs there are five lumbar vertabrae. L1-L5
- Ex:peri=surrounding or around
- Ex: pertaining to the abdomen
- Ex: five bones are fused together to make one bone
- coccyx, tailbone
- Ex: coccygeal= pertaining to the coccyx
- Ex: pertaining to the pelvis
- Ex: the tailbone is a small bone composed of four fused pieces.
- away from the surface
- Ex: the stab wound penetrated deep into the abdomen.
- on the surface
- Ex: superficial veins can be viewed through the skin.
- near the top, close to an attachment
- Ex: the proximal end of the upper arm bone (humerous) joins with the shoulder bone.
- far from the top, far from an attachment
- Ex: at its distal end the humerus joins with the lower arm bones at the elbow.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview