Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mechanism of action?
CNS depressant causing sedative, anxiolytic, amnesic and hypnotic activity.
sedation for RSI or cardioversion/pacing, seizures, anxiety, acute alcohol withdrawal,
Contraindications & Precautions;
- Contraindications; shock, respiratory depression, alcohol intoxication.
- Precautions; COPD, renal failure, geriatric
Route and Dosage;
- Seizures 2-5mg IM (use Diazepam if IV is in place)
- RSI 2-5mg IV,IM or IO
- Sedation 1-2mg IV,IM, IO
- PedsSeizures .2mg/kg IM Max dose 7mg
- RSI .2-.3mg/kg IV,IM,IO
- Sedation .1mg/k IV, IM, IO max of 5mg
Adverse reactions and side effects;
respiratory depression and arrest, hypotension