Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Mechanism of action?
CNS depressant causing sedative, anxiolytic, amnesic and hypnotic activity.
sedation for RSI or cardioversion/pacing, seizures, anxiety, acute alcohol withdrawal,
Contraindications & Precautions;
- Contraindications; shock, respiratory depression, alcohol intoxication.
- Precautions; COPD, renal failure, geriatric
Route and Dosage;
- Seizures 2-5mg IM (use Diazepam if IV is in place)
- RSI 2-5mg IV,IM or IO
- Sedation 1-2mg IV,IM, IO
- PedsSeizures .2mg/kg IM Max dose 7mg
- RSI .2-.3mg/kg IV,IM,IO
- Sedation .1mg/k IV, IM, IO max of 5mg
Adverse reactions and side effects;
respiratory depression and arrest, hypotension