Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mechanism of Action;
Competes with histamine
- Prevention and control of nausea and vomiting
- Active treatment for motion sickness
Contraindications & Precautions; ·
- Contraindications; should not be used in children <2, asthma.
- Precautions; use caution in geriatric patients; they are more likely to experience confusion, dizziness and hypotension. Use cautiously with a history of seizures.
Route and Dosage
- IV: 12.5-25 mg; IM 25 mg , Peds 0.25-0.5 mg/kg
- Motion sickness 25-50 mg IM
- pediatics .25-1mg/kg
Adverse reactions and side effects;
Thickened bronchial secretions, wheezing, palpitations
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview