The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Starch is an example of
What produces carbon dioxide?
- Cytoplasm divides
- half of the organelles are distributed into the new cells
DNA and RNA are
An energy releasing process that does not require oxygen
The organelle in which photosynthesis takes place is
Substance that can't be broken down further
Main method by whihc small molecules move across cell membranes
Process by which water moves across cell membrane
requires cell to use own energy
cell does not use energy
Interphase - 3 steps
- cell grows
- makes a copy of DNA
- prepares to divide into 2 cells
one copy of DNA is distributed into each of the 2 daughter cells
Cell Cycle - 3 phases
- Mitosis -prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase
4 phases of mitosis
chromatin in nucleus condenses to form chromosomes. Pairs of centrioles move to opposite sides. Spindle fibers for a bridge between the ends of the cell. Nuclear envelope breaks down.
- chromosomes line up across center of cell
- each chromosome attaches to a spindle fiber at its centromere
- centromeres split and the 2 chromatids separate
- One chromatid is drawn by its spindle fiber to one end of the cell.
- The other moves to the opposite end
- Cell stretches out as the opposite ends are pushed apart
- chromosomes begin to stretch out and lose their rodlike appearance.
- New nuclear envelope forms around each region of chromosomes