Principles of Behavior: Reinforcement
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Applied Behavior Analysis
1) What people do and say
2) can be observed and measured
3) impacts the environment
4) is bound by laws
Founder of modern behaviorism = 'Experimental Analysis'
Variables that affect behavior/ laws of bx
1) Operant conditioning
3) Punishment, etc.
= used to solve socially significant problems with people = field of ABA
- Applied Behavior Analysis =
- the application of behavior laws to change socially significant behavior to a meaningful degree
ABA can be used to teach skills in what populations?
- 1) Autism
- 2) Animal Training
- 3) Education
- 4) Business
- 5) Health and Fitness
Defining characteristics of ABA
- 1) focuses on socially significant bx2) Uses procedures based on principles of behavior3) Emphasizes on analyzing environmental events that relate to the behavior
- 4) Provides specific behavior planning
- 5) Plans are implemented by people in the natural environment6) Measurement is used to document behavior change
- an event following a bx which = increases the bx
- *can be positive/ or negative reinforcement
- Event following bx which decreases that bx
- *can be = positive/ or negative punishment
something was removed -
Three questions to ask when determining if it's: Reinforcement/ or Punishment =
1) What behavior changed?
2) Did the bx increase +/ or decrease -?
3) After the behavior occurred, was something added+/ or taken away-?
Positive Reinforcement definition
when an occurrence of behavior is followed by the addition of a reinforcer which results in increased bx
an event that follows a behavior and increases the rate of the behavior.
• Removal of an aversive stimulus that INCREASES the rate of a behavior
• The occurrence of the behavior is followed by the reduction or termination of results in the likelihood of the behavior occurring again
.• The Behavior increases due to escape and avoidance
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview