Hugh Latimer & Nicholas Ridley
- “Be of good comfort, Mr. Ridley, and play the man! We shall this day light such a candle, by God’s grace, in England, as I trust never shall be put out.”
- As Bishop of London, he replaced stone altars to wood ones for communion which created an uproar among Catholics
- When queen came to rise, Ridley was imprisoned- joined with Latimer
- Latimer’s sermons now targeted Catholicism and social injustice
- According to the Book of Martyrs, Ridley arrived at the field of execution first. When Latimer arrived, they embraced each other. Handcuffed together at the wrist they were burned at stake.