Developmental and Growth.txt
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Which primitive reflexes are babies born with?
- 1) Placing/Stepping - hold baby's feet over a surface and it will make stepping motion
- 2) Palmar grasp
- 3) Asymmetric Tonic Neck Reflex (ATNR) - baby's arm extends on the side it looks towards (fencer's posture)
- 4) Moro - drop head quickly - arms abduct with open hands then adduct with closed fists
4 domains to check development in?
Gross motor, Fine Motor/Vision, Language/Social, and Reflexes
Gross motor @ 0-4 weeks
Gross motor @ 1-2 months
- Better head control
- Occasionally lifts chin
Gross motor @ 4 months
Acceptable weight loss after birth?
up to 10% in first few days
Return to birth weight should occur by?
7-10 days of age
Baby should double birth weight by?
Baby should triple birth weight by?
Quadruple birth weight by?
What is average weight at birth?
What is average weight at 1 yr?
What is average weight at 5 years?
What is average weight at 10 years?
What should daily weight gain be in first few months?
20-30g per day for first 3-4 months
What should daily weight gain be after 4 months?
15-20 g per day for remainder of 1st year
Developmental milestones (as per Nelson's) at 2 wks?
- Gross motor - moves head side to side
- Personal/Social - regards face
- Language - alerts to bell
- Has primitive reflexes - moro, palmar grasp, ATNR and placing
Developmental milestones at 2 months?
- Gross motor - lifts shoulder while prone
- Fine Motor - tracks past midline
- Personal/Social - smiles
- Language - coos, searches for sound with eyes
Developmental milestones @ 4 months?
- Motor - Lifts up on hands, rolls front to back, if pulled to sit has no head lag
- Fine motor/adaptive - Reaches for objects, raking grasp
- Personal-Social - Looks at hands, begins to work toward toy
- Language - Laughs and squeals
Developmental milestones @ 6 months?
- Motor - sits alone
- Fine motor - transfers object hand to hand
- Personal-Social - feeds self, holds bottle
- Language - babbles
Developmental milestones @ 9 months?
- Motor - pulls to stand, gets into sitting position
- Fine motor - Pincer grasp appears, bangs 2 blocks together
- Personal/Social - Waves bye-bye, pat-a-cake
- Language - Mama, dada (non-specific), 2-syllable sounds
Milestones @ 12 months?
- Gross motor - Walks, stoops and stands
- Fine Motor - Puts block in cup
- Personal/Social - drinks from a cup
- Language - Mama, dada (non-specific), 1-2 other words
Milestones @ 15 months?
- Gross - walks backwards
- Fine motor - scribbles, stacks 2 blocks
- Personal-social - imitates others, uses spoon and fork, helps in housework
- Language - 3-6 words, follows commands
Milestones @ 18 months?
- Gross - runs, kicks a ball
- Fine - stacks 4 blocks
- Personal-social - undresses, "feeds" a doll
- Language - Says at least 6 words
Milestones @ 2 years?
- Gross - walks up and down stairs, throws overhand
- Fine - stacks 6 blocks, copies a line
- Personal/social - brushes teeth, washes and dries hands, puts on clothes
- Language - puts 2 words together
- Other - understands concept of today
Milestones @ 3 yr?
- Gross - walks steps alternating feet, broad jump
- FIne - stacks 8 blocks, wiggles thumb
- Social/personal - uses spoon well, spilling little, puts on t-shirt
- Language - names pictures, speech understandable 75%, 3-word sentences
- Other - understands tomorrow and yesterday
Milestones @ 4 years?
- Gross - balances well on each foot, hops on one foot
- Fine - copies O, maybe a +, draws person with 3 parts
- Personal/social - brushes teeth without help, dresses without help
- Language - names colours, understands adjectives
Milestones @ 5 years?
- Gross - skips, heal-to-toe walks
- Fine - copies a square
- Language - counts, understands opposites
Milestones @ 6 years?
- Gross - balances on each foot 6 s
- FIne - copes triangle, draws person with 6 parts
- Language - Defines words
- Other - begins to understand right and left
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview